1st Laceby Scout Troop is designed for young people aged between 10-1/2 and 14 years, both male and female. It offers you the chance to work in a team with people your own age and learn new skills to achieve up to:
- 61 Activity Badges + 14 Staged Activity Badges
- 9 Challenge Badges
- The Chief Scout Gold Award
Being the oldest section at our group (before moving off to Explorers), we challenge your mind and body even further from thought-provoking teasers to camping outside in temperatures below freezing with just a cardboard box for shelter. From finding the best tasting chip-shop (Chip Shop Survey) to being given a map and compass and told to find your way home (after training, of course)
The Scout Promise
On my honour, I promise that I will do my best
To do my duty to God and to the Queen,
To help other people
And to keep the Scout Law
The Scout Law
- A Scout is to be trusted.
- A Scout is loyal.
- A Scout is friendly and considerate.
- A Scout belongs to the worldwide family of Scouts.
- A Scout has courage in all difficulties.
- A Scout makes good use of time and is careful of possessions and property.
- A Scout has self-respect and respect for others.
The Scout Motto
If you are interested in ‘Joining the Adventure’, speak to your friends who may already be involved in Scouting, or follow the ‘Join‘ link!